Save James J. Williams III Work!


We all know what a fortuity / serendipity whore I am, right? Well, I am, big time.



While dishing with Zuniga about how excited we were about Guthy's NOLA fundraiser at a cocktail party during the Pilcrow Lit Fest in Chicago on Saturday, May 23rd, Z mentioned artist/writer James J. Williams.



I zipped over to, and through James' website and fell in love with this child's work. He's so fucking talented. We e-stalked a bit and he told me all about his idea to save his Paris Collection by getting it into the hands of several art collectors via a timeshare. The child spent a month creating all of this beautiful work.



The details are below. Please contribute some money to save the kid's work and hang a gorgeous JJW III original in your home or wherever you wish.


From James: "Earlier this week, all of this work—a month of my life—was in danger of being destroyed. I reached out to a small handful of friends, and resigned myself to the fact that this work would be erased.


But it didn't go the way I thought it would. People started to ask if they could donate something, anything, in order to save my work. The generosity has floored me. Really has just blown me away.


Because of the response, Envoy and I have decided that all of this work will return to New York to a permanent space. All the individuals who donate will effectively own every piece of this collection. These pieces will be available to the benefactors to be shown in the home or space of their choosing for a period of up to 6 months at a time, in perpetuity.


You can think of it as an artistic timeshare. While I'll think of it as a wonderful twist to an ongoing project/experiment of mine. I feel more full of life and love than ever.


More information at the link above.

Thank you,

Comments

Fran said…
"Show some fucking tact."

I am in love and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks for the intro, this is amazing, he must be amazing and his work must be supported!
Fran said…
That cunt exam took the life out of this other post, didn't it?

Too bad. I mean come on people... show some fucking tact.

Oy!

Popular posts from this blog

Danny Bonaduce's Creepy Peen

SPEAKING OF ABORTIONS

Get Listen Up