shame on me!

today when louie and I went to the pet store to score some treats. I was all hopped up on frustration and angst. big time.

he asked for my signature, the clerk, you know. I signed. he said, "thank you, MRS. SCHWARTZ."

I shamefully wailed, "I'm not a MRS. and I don't want to be a MRS. I don't want to get married. it's not for me. I don't have to be a MRS. to afford treats for my dog. I can do it all by myself. and I can't BELIEVE THAT YOU WOULD JUST HAVE THE AUDACITY TO CALL ME MRS."

he turned red.

the customer behind him; his jaw dropped.

I glared at him and said, "that doesn't mean I'm a lesbian, ya know."

before skulking away, I said, "let's pretend none of this happened!"

I am soooooo ashamed....

Comments

Anonymous said…
i so understand, girl. One time, a guy called me "ma'am" (I'm sure out of respect) but I flipped my lid then too. And i felt horrible about it later, too.
Anonymous said…
I hate it when my son's classmates call me "Mr. Procrastinator." I know that they are being respectful, but I tell that them that "Mr. Procrastinator was my dad. Call me Procrastinator Jr.'s Dad or Write."

Popular posts from this blog

Danny Bonaduce's Creepy Peen

SPEAKING OF ABORTIONS

Get Listen Up